Then Yahweh made a woman [issa] from the rib He had taken out of the man, and He brought her to the man. The man said,'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called "woman,"for she was taken out of man." Genesis 2:20-24

"But we were gentle among you, like a mother [trophos] caring for her little children." 1 Thessalonians 2:7

Issa Trophos

Issa Trophos

Monday, June 28, 2010

Growing up. . .

My baby's growing up! We went on a camping trip this past weekend. And as we left for the hike that morning we debated whether or not to take the stroller. Not sure how far Noah was ready to walk on his own we opted to take it, and ended up dragging it--empty--behind us most of the way. On our second hike we didn't even bother taking it because Noah said, "No mommy. I wok." He didn't even want to hold my hand! How quickly things can change, from the little baby boy glued to my side to the big boy toddler running all by himself.
At one moment I looked down at his curly blond head and thought, "I won't be able to look at the top of his head forever. Some day he'll be taller than me and he'll look down at me." It was one of those reminders to soak up every moment, every kiss, every hug, every little hand tucked into mine, every cuddle on my lap, every request to "hode me" and "read me." As I look at my tall, handsome 9 year old, I am reminded even more how quickly they grow up. They are no less precious at 9 than at 2. But it's different. So different.
Noah still needed a ride on Daddy's shoulders. He did need help around the mud. And he still asks, "I sit wit you mommy." Yesterday morning he asked for his juice in a "bi boyee cup." And then later I willigly picked him up and held him during worship, because I know it won't be long before he doesn't fit in my arms as easliy!

No comments:

Post a Comment