I've posted a blog entry on the birthday of my other three children, so my first born should get nothing less! However, his birthday was like 2 weeks ago. . .but that's okay. His birthday celebration was one of those beautiful days that you never want to end. We got to spend a wonderful day at Danny's Grandpa's lake, and despite the impending bad weather and a short rain, we had a great time with most of our family and some good friends, enjoying the water and each other.
My son Josiah. On Mother's Day this year I pulled out some poems I had written 7 years ago on Mother's Day and one was to the little boy who forever made me a mommy. He fulfilled one of my deepest longings to be a mommy and bond with another human being in only the way a mother can. I remember one of the nights immediately following Ardy's death I just wanted to hold a friend's baby girl close to me, to feel her precious LIFE in the face of death--but she only wanted her mommy. I looked at Danny and said, "That's it. I need one of my own." We had already been trying and by God's grace without even knowing it yet, He had answered my prayer and my longing.
Josiah. There are so many amazing things about this child God blessed me with. Right after discovering that I was indeed pregnant, Danny and I knelt down by our bed and prayed for this little life growing inside me. We prayed that it might have some of it's Grandma Ardy's spirit. And Josiah does. One of the ways I see this the most is in his incredible humility. Josiah is quick to ask for forgiveness, sometimes even when he is not the one in the wrong. It reminds me of the times Ardy would ask for my forgiveness, almost always when she hadn't done anything wrong!
Josiah is growing into such a strong, handsome young man. He is humble, loving, passionate--especially for God's righteousness and justice. He loves stories--history, books, movies, the Bible. He shows me Jesus in new ways and I am so blessed to be his mommy!
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We love you too, Josiah!!!
ReplyDelete