Then Yahweh made a woman [issa] from the rib He had taken out of the man, and He brought her to the man. The man said,'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called "woman,"for she was taken out of man." Genesis 2:20-24

"But we were gentle among you, like a mother [trophos] caring for her little children." 1 Thessalonians 2:7

Issa Trophos

Issa Trophos

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Celebration

My birthday ended beautifully and I was blessed beyond measure (does anyone else notice a theme of blessing?) My husband compiled notes from several significant people in my life and put them into a journal. Everyone should be so encouraged! I feel so loved and appreciated! I feel so affirmed in the calling God has placed on my life and the way He is working through me. I was humbled by the people who responded and the beautiful things they had to say. It was, as Danny told me it would be, one of the best gifts he's ever given me. And of course he gave it to me out of his deep love for me. He knew that I sometimes discredit his praise because he's biased. He wanted to show me that how he sees me, and the way Yahweh sees me, is also the way others see me. It was an extraordinary gift. Thank you to all who contributed. I love you!

I have to say though, that the best was the stories from my children, particularly my daughter. I am so blessed to have a daughter. I remember when I was pregnant with her and didn't know if she was a boy or a girl I prayed, "Just one daughter Lord. If that 's all I have please just let me have one daughter." I wished for a daughter and God gave me the sweetest, most beautiful, loving daughter He could have given me. She sometimes wishes for a sister, but I tell her that when God gave me a daughter He used all His best in giving me the only daughter I'd ever need :). And she is all girl--but I wouldn't change a thing. Anyway, she wrote the most adorable story that had me crying and laughing at the same time. And in that story she described me just the way I would hope someone to describe me. It means the most coming from my child, who often gets the worst of me.

We ate dinner at Puerta Vallarta and I have to say the shrimp taco salad is excellent. We played Catan with David and Christina. And this morning I allowed myself to have an extended birthday celebration. I cuddled in bed with Moses and Noah for another hour after Hannah and Josiah went to school. Then we sat on the couch, still in our pajamas, and watched TV while I drank a cappucino. I read them books. It was precious time--and relaxing!


And then I was playing on the internet and I made an amazing discovery that had me so excited I almost cried. My freshmen year of college my family was packing and sorting our belongings to move and the box of our children's books was accidently sent to Goodwill. We were all very sad. There was one book in particular that I was sad about. I knew it was old and I couldn't remember it's title or author, but I knew the story. For the last 12 years we have searched for that book, but to no avail. Until today. Somehow the google search I put in was just right and I found it. I was giddy with joy!! It is called The Sunflower Garden by Jan May Udry. It is the story of an Indian girl who has all older brothers and one baby brother who she often looks after. She plants a sunflower garden, kills a snake to protect her baby brother and earns the respect of her father and brothers. I am drawn to that Indian girl and I love the story. So now I have ordered two used copies through Amazon--one for me and the other for my only girl!

All in all it was a great birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment