
I am the proud mother of three wonderful boys. And I am very grateful for the one beautiful, precious daughter God has blessed me with! She is amazing in so many ways. I know that she, and others around me, may get tired of hearing how much she is like her daddy, but I can't help it. He is my favorite person on earth and it amazes me the characteristics she shares with him.
But in a few ways she is like her mommy too! One of them is her passionate, emotional drama. Now I tell Danny that in a lot of ways she is the "female" version of him in terms of style, passion etc. But there are times when she is crying and upset and I feel like I can just see what is going on inside her mind. Call it estrogen if you want ;)!
Another way is in her love for babies and being a mommy. As young as I can remember I wanted to be a mommy. My favorite toy as a young girl was my "real baby" doll Matthew. I still have him safely tucked away. Awhile back I showed him to Hannah. He is a little battered after years of "loving" and is missing part of his arm. But Hannah still loved him. While I thought it would be a great lesson in loving people no matter what their differences or disabilities, I looked into taking Matthew to a doll hospital to have his arm repaired. And then I stumbled on a website selling the exact same baby doll! So, for Christmas she received a little girl baby doll just like my Matthew. It has become her favorite toy. She sleeps with it at night, takes it with her everywhere we let her, and it is the first thing she finds when she gets home from school. She loves to dress it and she looks forward to taking it on walks in the stroller we got her for her birthday. In that way she is a "mommy junior." And I love it!
On her birthday we had a girls' luncheon with Aunt Grace and Aunt Christina. We went to Applebee's where she got to have Mt. Dew (that's my girl!) and a birthday Sunday. And of course her baby came too. By the way, her baby's name changes every other day, or twice in one day depending on her mood. That is like her daddy :)
My Hannah Grace has an exceptionally giving heart, a flair for creativity. She loves to sing (her favorite song right now is The Band Perry's "If I Die Young") and dance and act and pretend and draw and write and dress up and put on "makeup" (even if its really just markers or the air with a brush). She loves all her veggies and eats like a bird. She has an occasional shy side where she wants me to hold her hand and go with her, but she's also fiercely independent. She makes friends wherever she goes. She's a unique individual. . . She is REALLY fun and I look forward to many more years getting to know this precious daughter God has blessed me with!
No comments:
Post a Comment