Then Yahweh made a woman [issa] from the rib He had taken out of the man, and He brought her to the man. The man said,'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called "woman,"for she was taken out of man." Genesis 2:20-24

"But we were gentle among you, like a mother [trophos] caring for her little children." 1 Thessalonians 2:7

Issa Trophos

Issa Trophos

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

PMS

I don't really blog anymore, I let my husband do that. But sometimes there are words in my head that just have to come out.
As my husband left from his lunch break today I said, "Pray for me today." He asked, "Why?" And I said, "I think I'm in PMS." He kissed the top of my head and gently said, "Can I tell you something? You ARE in PMS." In our 15 years together he is learning...
And by PMS I mean PRE (as in before) Menstrual Syndrome. I probably just lost any males that were reading, but that's okay. I don't even know how many women experience PMS like this... Some months come and go without much notice. And other months...
Well sometimes I wake up and there is literally a monster living in my brain. There is nothing going on in my life that would justify such depth of anger, frustration, sadness, or feeling like I am so utterly out of control of my emotions. I was fine last night and then WHAM like the flip of a light switch (called hormones) everything FEELS different. This is not an excuse. Because I am still responsible for the way I REACT. But I cannot control the way the normal everyday things make me FEEL. For instance, just because I feel like my brain is literally going to explode, does not mean I can scream at the children (who are irritating every nerve I have just by being children), unless of course screaming is called for. And just because I truly think I NEED to eat the entire bag of chocolate chips does not mean I should (so what if I did?!) And I probably should not imbibe on caffeinated beverages since I already feel like I have the shakes... but I'm going to anyway. Because along with PMS I have a bit of a food addiction in which I tell myself I "deserve" or "need" certain things. And I know that is all kinds of crazy and I may be a therapists nightmare... but at least I'm self aware and acknowledging it's the first step, right?
So this month is a doozy, and I can only hope it won't last all week (or two). But honestly I feel better just writing this... And now I'll go eat my popcorn, Mt. Dew, and chocolate chips. Because I NEED them!

1 comment:

  1. love you no matter what, sister. and we have a lot in common :)

    ReplyDelete