"Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy! He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him." Psalms 126:5-6
I am learning that there will be lots of tears on this journey of foster parenting.
Today we welcome a nine year old girl into our home. While we believe strongly that this is the next placement God has for us, it still comes with some anxiety and apprehension. I like to assume the worst, consider the worst case scenarios- then I am well prepared for whatever happens, good or bad.
But yesterday as I prayed in my car for this little girl and her coming to our family I was overwhelmed with grief for her. She is being removed from everything familiar, taken to complete strangers and expected to adjust. I cried tears as I prayed that she would come to feel safe and secure and loved in our home. But I can expect that she might feel overwhelmed first. Especially as in less that 24 hours we take a camping trip with 15 of my closest family members. What is she going to think about where we've taken her, who she's with.... When I was her age I didn't even really like spending the night at friends' houses because I didn't like being away from home! Oh precious little girl.
So as we welcome her in I expect there will be more tears. And I pray that we will have grace and compassion and patience. And that in time she will come to feel safe and secure and loved, and hopefully reunited with her family one day.
Friday, May 26, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment