
I am in love with the most wonderful man in the world and I just want to shout it out!!! And I feel like a lot of what I want to say can be summed up in some songs. Songs have always played a big role in Danny and my realationship.
On April 7, 1997 this cute, nervous young man took me on a walk to the steeplechase pit and sang a Garth Brooks song to me. . .
I'm shameless, when it comes to lovin' you. I'll do anything you want me to. I'll do anything at all. And I'm standin' here for all the world to see, baby that's what's left of me, don't have very far to fall. You know now I'm not a man whose ever been insecure about the world I've been livin' in. I don't break easy. I have my pride but if you need to be satisfied I'm shameless. . . I've never found anything I can't resist, but I've never been in love like this, I'm shameless." And 14 years later we're still shamelessly in love.
When we first began dating I called him My Danny Boy, which of course caused my mother and I to break into the Irish Ballad, "Oh Danny Boy, the pipes the pipes are calling from glen to glen and down the mountanside. . ." There is a Deniece Williams song that I think describes my Danny Boy. . .
My baby may not talk sweet, he ain't got much to say. But he loves me loves me loves me I know that he loves me anyway. And maybe he don't dress fine, but I don't really mind. Cause every time he pulls me near I just wanna cheer, 'Let's hear it for the boy! Let's give the boy hand. Let's hear it for my baby, you know you gotta understand. Oh maybe he's no Romeo, but he's my lovin' one man show, oh, oh, oh Let's hear it for the boy!'
My baby may not be rich, he's watchin every dime. But he loves me loves me loves me, we always have a real good time. And maybe he sings off key, but that's alright by me, yeah. Cause what he does he does so well! Make me wanna yell! 'Let's hear it for the boy!'
There have been numerous songs. . . Keith Green's "Love With Me" was sang at our wedding -- "You wanna love me with me, love with me then. I only ask that you still be my friend. . . I know that sometimes I'm harder to love. I thrash out blindly like nothing's thought of. So won't you help me to help you be sure. God only knows I wanna be pure. . . So I will love you and love you I do. It's not complete yet, but you know we're not through." Garth Brooks "Two of a Kind Workin' On a Full House" describs the full house and down to earth realtionship we have. . .
I have never known a relationship so pure, so uninhibited, so completely satisfying. . . He has truly been for me the tangible experience of God's grace and unconditional love in my life. I am an introvert and often feel the need to get away from crowds and people and be alone. But with him I am alone. . . We are one. I'm not sure I've ever gotten tired of being in his presence in the 14 years we've been together. As Taylor Swift sings
. . .And I know everything about you, I don't wanna live without you. I'm only up when you're not down. Don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground. Well you drive me crazy half the time, the other half I'm only trying to let you know that what I feel is true--that I'm only me when I'm with you. . . When I'm with anybody else, it's so hard to be myself. With only you I can say. . .That I'm only me when I'm with you.
I always feel like he is the person that completes me. And often I feel like he is the better half. . . I am so grateful for the amazing man of God that I have been blessed to share this life with, to partner in ministry, parenting, loving and living together! He points me to Jesus and helps me be better by seeking God and placing Him first in my and our lives. . . And we're having soooo much FUN along the way!
"but he thinks she's as pretty as a picture when she wipes down tables in her apron strings, and sometimes he forgets a chorus cause shes shining like a beauty on the silver screen, they got a love bigger than the beatles, wild and free like a rolling stone, sometimes takes them higher than the eagles. . . " i love you - "she's anything but typical shes so unpredictable, oh but even at her worst she aint that bad - she's as real s real can be, and she's every fantsy, she s every woman that ive ever known" i love nichole celeste marshall smith so freakin much
ReplyDelete